Macaroni & Cheese Recipe
May 5, 2016 § Leave a comment
- 2 T Unsalted Butter
- 2 1/2 T Wondera Flour
- 1/4 C Red Onion – minced
- 1/4 C Red Bell Pepper – minced
- 2 T Jalapeno – minced
- 8 oz Elbow Macaroni
- 2 C Milk
- 1 C Half & Half
- 1 C Mozzarella – shredded
- 1 C Mixed Mexican Cheese – shredded
- 1/2 C Parmesan Cheese – shredded
- 1 t Dry Mustard
- 1 t Worchestershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 t Salt
- 1 t Pepper
- Cook the macaroni per package directions to al dente & drain.
- Melt the butter in a pot, add the vegetables and sauté until just tender.
- Add the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add milk and cook over low heat until it thickens.
- Add the cheese and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Add the salt & pepper.
- Add the dry mustard & Worchestershire Sauce.
- Pour into a baking dish & bake for about 30 minutes
Note: You can cover with Lanka breadcrumbs dotted with butter and sprinkled with paprika if desired.
Note: I need to adjust the cheese selection. Using the mozzarella left the the dish somewhat lacking in cheese flavor.