September 11, 2016 § Leave a comment
- 4 oz red bell pepper
- 4 oz green bell pepper
- 8 oz onions
- 2 Tbsp cajun seasoning
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1 lb andouille sausage
- 1 lb rice
- 8 cups chicken stock
- Dice all the vegetables in about 1/4″ dice, slice the andouille into 1/4″ thick slices and cube the chicken thighs into about 1/2″ chunks.
- Saute the andouille sausage in oil until it starts to release some of it’s fat, then remove from the pot.
- Add the vegetables and saute until tender then add the seasoning and chicken and saute until the chicken about half way cooked.
- Then add the rice and saute until coated with oil,.
- Add the stock, returning the sausage to the pan, bring the stock to a boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer until rice is cooked. This should be 15 minutes.