Salt-Roasted Red Beets
- 4 lbs kosher salt
- 5 medium sized red beets
- 2 T EVOO
- 2 T Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Slices of Ricotta Salada cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Wash beets and cut off root.
- Place about 1/2 inch on the bottom of a casserole. Place the beets on top making sure they do not touch.
- Cover with the remaining salt.
- Bake for 1 1/4 hours or until tender.
- Let cool slightly then rub ski off.
- Slice or cut into wedges to serve.
- It took about 2.25 hours to cook beets.
- Peeled & sliced while still warm.